Working on North East Link Program
Creating jobs on North East Link
North East Link is set to create 10,000 jobs, with around 8000 jobs on the North East Link Tunnels alone.
We’re focused on connecting local workers and businesses to employment opportunities now and getting the next generation of workers job ready. We’re also providing access to employment opportunities through apprenticeships, traineeships and cadetships, career mentoring and advice.
The Victorian Government and North East Link are committed to finding secure jobs for people who need extra support to find work. We are ensuring that our project is creating opportunities for people who are long-term unemployed, under-employed and at risk of long-term unemployment.
We’re delivering key initiatives to support local skills development and pathways to jobs on the project. This includes:
- establishing The Link
- partnering with Victorian Tunnelling Centre to deliver world-class training
- participating in the Big Build Apprenticeship Program.
Working on the project
If you are interested in working on the project, please complete our online Expression of Interest form. This is a one-stop-shop to tell us about your interest in working on the project and our friendly Careers & Skills Advisors can share information about employment opportunities across the whole program of works with you.
Whether you are experienced in the construction industry, looking to make a career change or a person experiencing barriers to employment, we would love to hear from you.
Services at The Link
The services offered at The Link for jobseekers include:
- Jobs forums and information sessions to connect priority jobseekers with hiring managers from the project’s valued subcontractors.
- Job readiness assessment including interview preparation and resume writing workshops.
- Organisations partnering with the project will deliver regular sessions on topics such as financial planning, communication in the workplace, and various cultural awareness trainings.
- Cultural events and activities for the project workforce.
Spark, as our major tunnelling construction partner, recognises the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to recruiting priority jobseekers into roles on the North East Link Tunnels works package. Spark has already welcomed hundreds of priority job seekers into jobs on the project.
If you are interested in employment opportunities, you can visit The Link or you can still drop in and chat to the team about jobs and all other aspects of the project at our Watsonia Hub.
Employment and training
Build your future with North East Link Program.
Find out about more employment and training programs across Victoria's Big Build