Join SRLA's graduate program in 2023
Start your career on the right track with Suburban Rail Loop (SRL) – Victoria’s biggest ever transport infrastructure project.
The SRLA Graduate Program is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to learn from industry experts and contribute to shaping a better future for our growing city and state. As graduates, you’ll be contributing to building an incredible project that will help shape our city, while you gain valuable industry experience.
SRL will connect communities across Melbourne’s middle suburbs and deliver more housing, business and job opportunities. As Graduates you’ll contribute to achieving these far-reaching outcomes, whatever your role!
During the program you will develop a wide range of skills and gain valuable industry experience as you rotate through project teams within your area of interest. Positions are available across a range of disciplines including engineering, communications, urban design and planning, architecture, legal and more.
As well as offering learning and development opportunities, the program also provides mentoring and networking to kickstart your career in transport.
- SRLA is a young organisation with a mature approach and commitment to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment.
- In line with our vision and values, we work together to be an organisation with an inclusive culture where varied perspectives are respected and valued.
- We are committed to taking care and doing the right thing with our people. That’s why we strive to create a workplace that reflects our communities and where our people, regardless of their Aboriginality, diverse genders, sexes and sexualities, ability or disability, age, ethnicity, or faith, feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
About the 2023 Graduate Program
- Applications open Monday 18 July 2022
- Program starts February 2023
- Two-year fixed term employment – with priority and support for graduates to secure opportunities post the graduate program
- Up to 4 6-month rotations in your area of interest
- Graduate Development Program
- Ongoing support to help you shape your future and explore career pathway options
- Based in Victoria
- Flexible working arrangements and conditions under the Victorian Public Service
- Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022
Disciplines we are looking for in 2023
- Engineering Civil
- Engineering Mechanical
- Engineering Electrical
- Engineering Construction
- Engineering Tunnels
- Mechatronics/Systems Engineering
- Engineering Environmental
- Geographic Information Systems
- Graphic Designs
- Communications, Media
- Human Resources
- Information Systems/Technology
- Urban Design
- Urban Planning
- Commercial/Procurement (Business, Commerce, Economics, Law)
To be eligible to apply, you must have:
- Full Australian working rights at time of application, Australia Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Completed a relevant university undergraduate degree in 2020, 2021 or graduate by February 2023.
Suburban Rail Loop will transform Victoria’s public transport system and deliver enormous benefits for all Victorians. With construction kicking off in June 2022, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
SRLA is an inclusive organisation which embraces diversity of thought, culture, life experiences and people to ensure we reflect the communities we serve.
- Applications open Monday 18 July – apply now
- Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 21 August – we cannot accept any applications made after this time.
- Online blended assessments will be conducted 23 to 29 August
- Video interview stage – we'll ask you to record yourself answering a few questions. 31 Aug to 4 September.
- Assessment Centre and interview – 21 September. In some cases, we may also ask for an individual interview.
- Offers – before we make an offer, we will complete reference, police and qualification checks.
Note: Victoria’s Big Build has a separate graduate program application process.