We’re upgrading Narre Warren North Road to improve safety and travel times for more than 14,000 vehicles that use the road each day.
As part of the Narre Warren North Road Upgrade we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road
- improve traffic flow through the Ernst Wanke Road intersection with an extra through-lane in each direction on Narre Warren North Road
- build a dedicated right turn lane from Heatherton Road to Narre Warren North Road northbound
- install a U-turn 20m south of the Memorial Drive intersection that will be managed by traffic lights and will cater for vehicles towing horse floats
- improve safety by making Crawley Road left-in and left-out only and removing right turns from Brundrett Road to Narre Warren North Road
- upgrading the existing shared walking and cycling path on the western side of Narre Warren North Road and build a new footpath on the eastern side of the road
- install high push buttons for equestrians at Memorial Drive.
Construction began in late 2021 and the upgrade is set to be completed in 2023.
Narre Warren North Road is a key north south link for Melbourne’s growing south east.
By adding new lanes and upgrading key intersections, the project will improve the journeys of the 14,000 people who use this road each day.
- Safety barriers and upgraded intersections will create safer road conditions for motorists.
- New walking and cycling paths will create greater connectivity, making it easier and safer for pedestrians and cyclists to travel through the area.
- Added lanes will increase road capacity improving traffic flow and safety.
View a larger version of the Narre Warren North Rd project overview map (PDF, 128.6 KB)
You can also view the interactive map for the project. Click the icons to read more about the changes we’re making as part of the Narre Warren North Road Upgrade.