As part of delivering 3 major road projects – the North East Link tunnels, Eastern Freeway Upgrades and the M80 Ring Road Completion – we’re building more than 34km of walking and cycling paths making it faster and easier to ride to the city and move about local suburbs by bike or on foot.
North East Link tunnels
- New and upgraded walking and cycling paths along a tree-lined boulevard for Greensborough Road in Yallambie and additional signalised crossings.
- A new walking and cycling bridge over Lower Plenty Road connecting the new Borlase Reserve parklands with Yarra River trails.
- Better, safer connections to the Main Yarra Trail and parklands in Bulleen, including through new cultural wetlands along the Yarra River.
- New signalised crossings for Bulleen Road for safer connections to sports and community clubs and schools.
- A new green bridge over Bulleen Road – linking Koonung Creek Trail to Bulleen Park for the first time.
Eastern Freeway Upgrades
- Upgrades to Koonung Creek Trail including a new connection under Doncaster Road for better access to Doncaster Park & Ride and a wider, brighter connection under Doncaster Road between Koonung Creek Reserve and Valda Wetlands.
- A new connection under Bulleen Road and a dedicated walking and cycling bridge over the Eastern Freeway.
- New and upgraded paths for Koonung Creek Reserve and Valda Wetlands.
- New Heyington Avenue bridge to improve walking and cycling connections to the Valda Wetlands.
- New Estelle Street bridge to improve walking and cycling connections to Koonung Creek Reserve.
M80 Ring Road Completion
- Two new landscaped bridges at Watsonia Road and Elder Street connecting locals to the Watsonia Station and shops.
- New, wider Nell Street walking and bike bridge to create better east-west connections for locals.
- New bridge at Macorna Street to improve local connections for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Wider walking and cycling underpasses at Yando and Kempston streets, Greensborough.