We commenced construction of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade in April 2021 and completed the project in December 2022.
In under 2 years we’ve:
- removed the roundabout at the Hallam North and Heatherton roads intersection and replaced it with traffic lights
- added 2 through lanes, 2 right turn lanes and a dedicated left turning lane in each direction
- added an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- installed traffic lights at Heatherton Village and Thomas Mitchell Drive
- built new shared walking and cycling paths
- installed safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Watch the video for an overview of the upgrade for Hallam North and Heatherton Road.
Use the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project.