As part of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabout at Thompsons Road and Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabout at Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
- install new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- install new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrade intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road will become the straight-through movement when travelling north from South Gippsland Highway, reducing traffic on Cranbourne’s High Street and improving how you travel through Cranbourne.
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce traffic on South Gippsland Highway
- improve access around Cranbourne town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Hear from the community about the benefits of the upgrade.
Use the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade interactive map to find out more details about the project. Click on the icons for more information.