We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with two major upgrades
The upgrade will increase capacity and improve safety and traffic flow on Yan Yean Road, from Diamond Creek Road, Plenty to Kurrak Road, Yarrambat.
Stage 1 of the upgrade included:
- opening Diamond Creek Road intersection at full capacity and two lanes open in each direction between Diamond Creek and Kurrak roads
- removing the dangerous road bends between Sutherland and Howell roads
- upgrading the intersections at Memorial Drive, River Avenue, Browns Lane, Nillumbik Shire Council Recycling and Recovery Centre and Kurrak Road with optimised traffic lights and signalised pedestrian crossings
- adding centre median and kerbside safety barriers to help prevent head-on and run-off-road crashes
- adding service lanes to provide safe access to residential properties
- building a new shared walking and cycling path along the full length of Yan Yean Road, on the west side
- building new footpaths along sections on the east side of the road.
Major construction for Stage 1 is now complete. Landscaping and minor finishing works are expected to be completed by late 2019.
The Victorian Government has committed funding Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade. This upgrade will:
- widen the road from one to two lanes in each direction between Kurrak and Bridge Inn roads
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Orchard and Bridge Inn roads
- install new traffic lights at North Oatlands Road and Bannons Lane
- install new roundabouts at Heard and Jorgensen avenues
- upgrade the intersection at Ironbark Road
- add service lanes to give safe access to residential properties
- build new footpaths and walking and cycling paths along the full length of the road
- add centre median and kerbside safety barriers to help prevent head-on and run-off-road crashes.
The project is currently undergoing an Environment Effects Statement (EES), to assess the potential environmental impacts of the upgrade and how they can be minimised and managed.
Future-proofing Yan Yean Road to match the area's rapid growth
The Yan Yean Road Upgrade is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria. Visit the project website for more information.
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
4 kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road will be duplicated, and investigating the potential for duplicating a further 6 kms from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road
Chandler Highway Upgrade
Upgrading Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
Fast Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a fast rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Melbourne Airport Rail
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
North East Link
Victoria's biggest road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network
O'Herns Road Upgrade
Upgrading O’Herns Road and High Street intersection and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
Streamlining Hoddle Street
Improved traffic flow and access for public transport users, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians travelling through Hoddle Street and Punt Road
Suburban Roads Upgrade
Upgrading priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
Sunbury Line Upgrade
Enabling more modern trains to run on the line, creating room for 113,000 more passengers every week
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
Thompsons Road Upgrade
Removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and duplicating a stretch of Thompsons Road
Transport is changing in Pakenham
Building a new super station and improving roads and rail services for Pakenham and surrounds
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.