About the program
This massive overhaul of our transport network is creating tens of thousands of jobs across a wide range of sectors, from construction and engineering, to human resources and administration. Opportunities are wide and varied with well-trained skilled staff required in the public and private sector.
The GROW program helps participants:
- understand the transport industry recruitment processes
- build crucial recruitment networks within industry
- gain fully funded industry-critical certifications and tickets.
GROW is held over 4 to 5 days at transport operator sites and infrastructure projects in Melbourne and is designed to showcase the breadth of opportunities available across the rail and public transport network.
- train and tram manufacturing
- operations and maintenance
- engineering and project management
- electrical, mechanical, and civil trades
- professional services and administration.
- Introduction to rail and construction industry including critical safety awareness needed to work in the industry
- Job search skills workshop to develop your pitch for the transport sector
- Specific insights into pathways to working in Metro Trains, Yarra Trams, VLine and Bombardier Transportation
- Industry site visits and briefings from industry experts about career opportunities and pathways
- Specific insights into pathways to working on transport infrastructure projects, including via labour hire companies
- Build networks with recruitment personnel across the transport and infrastructure industry
- Gain fully funded Industry tickets required to work in the Victorian railway and construction environment:
- Construction White Card
- Train Track Safety Awareness.
Participants must identify as one or more of the following:
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- From a refugee or asylum seeker background
- Have a disability(s)
- Registered as long term unemployed.
To participate in the program, it is important to:
- Have an interest in rail and construction industry
- Have a positive attitude and be job ready
- Be able to commit to a 5-day program
- Be willing to travel early to training venues and bus pick up sites where required
- Have appropriate language, literacy and numeracy skills where required
- Have an ability to travel to work if required.
How to apply
To learn more about the program or to register your interest please email GROW@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au
After completing the program, the program supports participants to network with program partners and apply for roles with those organisations directly.