About the program
This massive overhaul of our transport network is creating tens of thousands of jobs across a wide range of sectors, from construction and engineering, to human resources and administration. Opportunities are wide and varied with well-trained skilled staff required in the public and private sector.
The GROW program helps participants:
- understand the transport industry recruitment processes
- build crucial recruitment networks within industry
- gain fully funded industry-critical certifications and tickets.
GROW is held over 4 to 5 days at transport operator sites and infrastructure projects in Melbourne and is designed to showcase the breadth of opportunities available across the rail and public transport network.
- train and tram manufacturing
- operations and maintenance
- engineering and project management
- electrical, mechanical, and civil trades
- professional services and administration.
- Introduction to rail and construction industry including critical safety awareness needed to work in the industry
- Job search skills workshop to develop your pitch for the transport sector
- Specific insights into pathways to working in Metro Trains, Yarra Trams, VLine and Bombardier Transportation
- Industry site visits and briefings from industry experts about career opportunities and pathways
- Specific insights into pathways to working on transport infrastructure projects, including via labour hire companies
- Build networks with recruitment personnel across the transport and infrastructure industry
- Gain fully funded Industry tickets required to work in the Victorian railway and construction environment:
- Construction White Card
- Train Track Safety Awareness.
Participants must identify as one or more of the following:
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- From a refugee or asylum seeker background
- Have a disability(s)
- Registered as long term unemployed.
To participate in the program, it is important to:
- Have an interest in rail and construction industry
- Have a positive attitude and be job ready
- Be able to commit to a 5-day program
- Be willing to travel early to training venues and bus pick up sites where required
- Have appropriate language, literacy and numeracy skills where required
- Have an ability to travel to work if required.
How to apply
More information coming soon.
After completing the program, the program supports participants to network with program partners and apply for roles with those organisations directly.
This program is run by Training for the Future through the Level Crossing Removal Project – a project office of Major Transport Infrastructure Authority delivering Victoria's Big Build.