We completed the Duncans Road Interchange Upgrade in early-2021.
Our upgrades to the Duncans Road Interchange include:
- a new exit ramp for Melbourne-bound traffic from the Princes Freeway to Duncans Road
- a new entry ramp for Geelong-bound traffic onto the Princes Freeway from Duncans Road
- a new Duncans Road bridge over the Princes Freeway
- straightening out Duncans Road, K Road and Princes Freeway exit ramp intersection and adding new traffic lights
- new walking and cycling paths along Duncans Road, including safe road crossing areas.
Watch our video below to see how we demolished the old Duncans Road bridge.
The Duncans Road Interchange Upgrade has added new direction connection to and from Geelong, improved safety, and streamlined connections to the Werribee Tourism Precinct. These benefits include:
- improved journeys to world class tourist attractions, including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Werribee Mansion, the National Equestrian Centre and the Victorian State Rose Garden
- new ramps for direction connections to and from Geelong
- better safety and more reliable journeys by improving the busy K Road intersection
- better access for locals to shops and jobs.
Reasons for the upgrade
More than 11,000 cars and trucks rely on the Duncans Road interchange every day, with this number surging during events in the tourism precinct.
The interchange is a key route for a number of growing suburbs and connects you to the Werribee town centre and Wyndham Harbour.
The previous bridge was opened in 1961 and struggled with today’s traffic volumes. Additionally, there was no Princes Freeway entry or exit to or from Geelong.
The upgrade provides better traffic flow, so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.