We completed the Derrimut Road Upgrade in early-2021.
Our upgrades to Derrimut Road include:
- a new lane in each direction along Derrimut Road between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road
- 9 intersection upgrades along Derrimut Road, including new signalised intersections
- new separated walking and cycling paths
- widening the bridge over the train line at Tarneit Station
- adding new landscaping by planting new trees and shrubs.
The Derrimut Road Upgrade has made it safer and easier for you to get to local shops and Tarneit Station with upgraded intersections and new walking and cycling paths. These benefits include:
- better access to Tarneit Station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee
- improved safety and better traffic flow with upgraded and signalised intersections
- new walking and cycling paths for more travel options to Truganina.
Reasons for the upgrade
More than 18,000 cars and trucks rely on Derrimut Road every day. Derrimut Road connects you to Tarneit train station, shops, schools, jobs in East Werribee and industrial areas.
It’s also a key route to several growing suburbs, including 40,000 new homes in Wyndham North.