We completed major works at the Forsyth Road Interchange in early-2021.
Our upgrades to the Forsyth Road Interchange include:
- a new lane in each direction from Old Geelong Road to Wallace Avenue
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Avenue
- replacing the Forsyth Road and Ashcroft Avenue roundabout with a signalised intersection
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- new walking and cycling paths.
The Forsyth Road Interchange Upgrade has streamlined journeys along Forsyth Road and improved access to adjoining roads and the Princes Freeway. These benefits include:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, with improved traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and more reliable journeys along Forsyth Road and it’s connecting roads
- better walking and cycling connections.
Reasons for the upgrade
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
The interchange connects growing residential areas to local services, jobs and business. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.