As part of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction
- install traffic lights at Cookes Road and Garden Road
- build a bridge over Plenty River and turn the existing bridge into a shared walking and cycling path
- install safety barriers along the road
- upgrade the intersections at Schotters Road, Vantage Point Boulevard and Painted Hills Road
- install traffic lights near Ivanhoe Grammar School, including a pedestrian crossing to improve access to local schools
- build new shared walking and cycling paths.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow to get you home sooner and safer
- provide better access to Mernda train station
- enhance connectivity to residential developments and employment opportunities in the north
- provide easier access to Mernda town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.