Upgrading Yan Yean Road in Melbourne's north will create safer and more reliable journeys for the more than 24,000 drivers that use this road every day.
We've upgraded Yan Yean Road between Diamond Creek Road and Kurrak Road in Plenty from a congested 2-lane arterial to a 4-lane road with:
- improved safety features
- 6 intersections with traffic lights and pedestrian crossings
- brand-new walking and cycling paths.
We’re planning to make Yan Yean Road even better by continuing the upgrade from Kurrak Road, Yarrambat to Bridge Inn Road, Doreen.
To improve safety, we’ll:
- add lanes and upgrade intersections between Kurrak Road, Yarrambat and Bridge Inn Road, Doreen
- add centre median and kerb-side safety barriers along the road
- install new traffic lights and roundabouts to upgrade existing intersections
- build brand-new pedestrian crossings and walking and cycling paths
- add a service road for safer access to residential properties.