We’re improving road safety and traffic flow in Bacchus Marsh with two major upgrades
The Monash Freeway Upgrade will provide a massive boost to Melbourne’s south east by easing traffic congestion and improving road safety.
Stage 1 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade started in September 2016 and was completed in June 2018.
More than 30 km of extra traffic lanes were added. The freeway was also widened:
- from 4 to 5 lanes in each direction, between EastLink interchange and South Gippsland Freeway
- from 2 to 3 lanes in each direction, between South Gippsland Freeway and Clyde Road in Berwick.
Stage 2 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade will include:
- adding 36 km of new lanes on the Monash and Princes Freeways, between:
- Warrigal Road and Eastlink outbound
- Eastlink to Springvale Road inbound
- Clyde Road to Cardinia Road, in both directions
- connecting Police Road to the freeway with an outbound on-ramp
- connecting the Jacksons Road outbound ramps directly to Eastlink with a separate road
- adding two extra lanes in each direction to O’Shea Road between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extending O’Shea Road to join the Beaconsfield interchange – upgrading the interchange by adding an inbound freeway off-ramp and an outbound freeway on-ramp
- building a shared walking and cycling path on O’Shea Road between Clyde Road, Berwick and the Princes Highway, Beaconsfield.
Stage 1 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade is now complete.
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is being delivered by Major Road Projects Victoria. Visit the project website for more information.
Barwon Heads Road Duplication
4 kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road will be duplicated, and investigating the potential for duplicating a further 6 kms from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road
Chandler Highway Upgrade
Upgrading Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
Fast Rail to Geelong
Investigating a preferred option for a fast rail link between Melbourne and Geelong
Hallam Road Upgrade
Improving safety, traffic flow and access to public transport from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway
High Capacity Metro Trains
Bigger, better trains and modern infrastructure to transport more people, more often
Hurstbridge Line Upgrade
Removing bottlenecks on the Hurstbridge line and improving the frequency and reliability of services
We’re making Melbourne’s freeway network safer and less congested by upgrading the M80 Ring Road from the Princes Freeway to the Greensborough Highway.
Melbourne Airport Rail
Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines via Sunshine
North East Link
Victoria's biggest road project - connecting the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network
O'Herns Road Upgrade
Upgrading O’Herns Road and High Street intersection and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway
Plenty Road Upgrade
Creating better traffic flow on Plenty Road, between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road
Streamlining Hoddle Street
Improved traffic flow and access for public transport users, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians travelling through Hoddle Street and Punt Road
Suburban Roads Upgrade
Upgrading priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
Sunbury Line Upgrade
The Sunbury Line Upgrade will enable more modern trains to run more often on the line, creating room for 113,000 more passengers every week
Swan Street Bridge Upgrade
Adding an extra lane for drivers heading east and providing safer and better access for joggers and cyclists
Thompsons Road Upgrade
Removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station and duplicating a stretch of Thompsons Road
Transport is changing in Pakenham
Building a new super station and improving roads and rail services for Pakenham and surrounds
West Gate Tunnel
A vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge to free up traffic and remove thousands of trucks from residential streets in Melbourne’s west
Upgrading Western Victoria's key transport corridor, making journeys safer and quicker.
Was this page useful?
Please select an option
Thankyou for your feedback.