The Shepparton Line Upgrade will deliver more frequent and reliable services, and will allow modern VLocity trains to travel to and from Shepparton for the first time.
The Shepparton Line Upgrade will be delivered in 3 stages.
Stage 1 (now complete), included:
- 10 extra train services a week between Melbourne and Shepparton
- a stabling upgrade at Shepparton Station.
Stage 2 (underway, due for completion in late 2022), includes:
- platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie stations
- a crossing loop extension near Murchison East to enable trains to pass each other
- upgrades to 59 level crossings between Donnybrook and Shepparton
- stabling to house VLocity trains
- a business case for delivering 9 return services a day between Shepparton and Melbourne.
Stage 3 includes:
- signalling upgrades between Seymour and Shepparton to enable 9 weekday return services
- expanded stabling for VLocity trains to support more services
- track upgrades between Seymour and Shepparton to enable trains to travel faster.
Learn more about this project