The Australian and Victorian governments have invested more than $1 billion to increase services and improve reliability on Victoria’s busiest regional rail line.
The project includes:
- upgrading Waurn Ponds Station with a second platform, an accessible pedestrian overpass and extra car parking (for completion in 2021)
- duplicating track between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds
- upgrading South Geelong and Marshall stations
- removing level crossings at Fyans Street and Surf Coast Highway
- signalling upgrades
- building a new train maintenance and stabling facility at Waurn Ponds
- planning for the Armstrong Creek transit corridor.
Find out more about this project