The Ballarat Line Upgrade was completed in early 2021, delivering 135 extra weekly services for Ballarat and the growing communities along the line.
Trains now run every 20 minutes during the peak and every 40 minutes between the peaks. The project also delivered new and upgraded stations and better reliability.
The Ballarat Line Upgrade included:
- duplicating 18km of track between Deer Park West and Melton
- building a new Cobblebank Station between Rockbank and Melton (funded by the Victorian Government’s Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution)
- rebuilding Rockbank Station, including new, longer platforms, a pedestrian overpass and a car park with 350 spaces
- upgrading Bacchus Marsh Station, including a new platform, pedestrian overpass and 100 new car park spaces
- upgrading Ballan Station, including a new platform, pedestrian overpass and a new car park
- upgrading Wendouree Station, including a new platform, pedestrian overpass and extra track
- duplicating track at Bacchus Marsh
- building a new train stabling facility at Maddingley
- building passing loops at Ballan and Millbrook
- upgrading signalling and making track improvements.
Learn more about this project