Wendouree Station was upgraded as part of the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
A second track means all services can now complete their journey to Wendouree Station. Previously, delayed services had to terminate at Ballarat and replacement buses were used as there was no room for trains to pass each other.
Since Sunday 31 January 2021, Wendouree Station passengers now enjoy an extra 110 services per week. This was made possible by the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
- a new accessible overpass featuring lifts and ramps
- a second platform and rail track on the south side
- an accessible pedestrian overpass linking the 2 platforms
- improved security and lighting
- enhancement of the station forecourt with improved landscaping.
Construction progress gallery
The local community and stakeholders had their say on the Wendouree Station upgrade in 2018. The information provided shaped its design.
Safety and security are key features of the upgrade. CCTV cameras, lighting and emergency intercoms were installed. The transparent overpass allows people to see the station building and platforms while they cross.
More detail in the Wendouree and Bacchus Marsh track duplication: What you told us (PDF, 1.2 MB) report.