The new station at Cobblebank is now open as part of the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
Cobblebank Station is a modern and accessible station built in the suburb’s future centre.
This station helps to cater for the growing population of Melbourne’s outer west and takes pressure off Melton Station.
The staffed station features:
- 2 platforms connected by an accessible pedestrian overpass with ramps, stairs and lifts
- a sealed car park with 190 spaces
- drop-off zones, taxi spaces and secure bicycle storage
- bus interchange and shelters
- CCTV cameras and lighting
- a waiting room with toilets
- covered seating on platforms.
Passengers are benefitting from 225 extra services per week as part of a timetable change that started Sunday 31 January 2021, made possible by the completion of the Ballarat Line Upgrade.
Sustainability at Cobblebank Station
Before and after
Use the sliders below see before and after the new station was built.
New station gallery
Construction progress gallery
Community open day gallery
We asked the community for their feedback on concept station designs including the proposed station facilities and station layout.
For a summary of the feedback received, download the Station at Cobblebank (Toolern Station): What you told us (PDF, 763.4 KB) report.