The West Gate Neighbourhood Fund is a $10 million government fund established to support communities in Melbourne’s inner west during the construction of the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP).
The fund allows not-for-profit groups to access support for projects that bring people together and build community capacity.
Grants of up to $100,000 are available for incorporated not-for-profit community groups in the Hobsons Bay or Maribyrnong council areas.
We are looking for projects that celebrate:
- history or diversity,
- focus on arts and culture,
- emphasise learning and development, or
- enable greater participation of community members.
Eligible parties include councils and incorporated not-for-profit groups that are based, or operate within, the local government areas of Maribyrnong City Council and Hobsons Bay City Council.
Active Community Grants
For the first time we are also seeking applications for grants of up to $100,000 for grassroots community sports groups, scout clubs and girl guides in our inaugural round of Active Community Grants.
This new funding round is set up in recognition of the role such organisations play in serving local communities in the Hobsons City Council and Maribyrnong City Council areas.
To be eligible these organisations can be based in the Maribyrnong City Council or Hobsons Bay City Council, or conduct activities that benefit members of these communities.
The dedicated grant program for grassroots sport groups, girl guides and scout clubs is available with three funding streams:Participation Equipment:
- up to $2,500 for equipment to support community participation in sport and recreation activities
- Participation Project: up to $10,000 for projects that increase community participation, in sport and recreation activities
- Minor Facilities Upgrades:up to $50,000 for individual items or up to $100,000 for multiple improvements to facilities that improve quality, usability and accessibility of community sport and recreation facilities, increasing participation.
Program and Risk Plan Template
To assist your application, you can use our Project and Risk Plan Template. Please note a program and risk plan is required for all infrastructure projects over $50,000.
To find out more about the program contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, call us on 1800 105 105 .