Through our delivery of major projects, Rail Projects Victoria is committed to connecting communities in the healthiest, most sustainable way possible.
We’ll help to ensure a lasting legacy for present and future generations for a more liveable Victoria - environmentally, socially and economically.
To achieve this Sustainability Vision, Rail Projects Victoria is committed to:
- optimising the Projects’ design to ensure it is delivered to operate sustainably
- managing resources efficiently through embedding energy, water and material saving initiatives into the design, construction and operation of the Projects
- avoiding, minimising and offsetting harm to the environment and the loss of biodiversity
- protecting and conserving the natural environment
- preparing for the challenges presented by climate change.
To give effect to this Policy, our people will:
- demonstrate leadership in the commitment to a prosperous and integrated economic, social and environmental sustainable future
- demonstrate commitment to sustainable procurement
- protect and maintain vegetation, the functioning of ecosystems and biological diversity
- facilitate economic prosperity and development and provide a resilient local workforce
- support and enhance social, cultural and community wellbeing
- encourage the pioneering of innovation in sustainable design, process or advocacy that seeks continuous improvement to promote new ideas and thinking
- embed environmental and sustainability outcomes by establishing robust sustainability objectives and targets
- report on sustainability performance and be accountable for meeting environmental and social responsibilities.