Work is now underway in the Parkville Precinct to support construction of a new underground station.
This page outlines a snapshot of works happening in the area, details of impacts and working hours, and downloads of notifications sent to nearby residents and businesses. Sign up for enews to receive notifications to your inbox.
For works around the northern end of Swanston Street, see the Current works at State Library Station page.
Construction snapshot August to September 2023
Construction within the Parkville precinct during August and September will include:
- station entrance construction at the Grattan Street east site, including fit out of the Royal Parade and Grattan Street entrance structures
- construction of the goods lift, chiller plant and eastern and western tunnel ventilation shafts (TVS)
- Grattan Street west station entrance construction
- water main installation works
- reinstatement and public realm works.
For details of pedestrian and traffic changes, see the Transport changes in Parkville page.
Construction look ahead for 2023
Program is indicative and subject to change